Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Treasure Hunting Gene

In my last post, I mentioned that I felt sure that Treasureholics share a Treasure-Hunting gene.

I know it has to be that way because my Mother, has "it" bad. She's passed it down to me, and there is no doubt that it has to be a dominant gene!

When I look around, there are thousands of others just like me and perhaps you are one of them. Believe me, we have plenty of company--at garage sales, auctions, flea markets, metal detecting meetings, find your own gem and gold mines, pawn shops, swap meets, estate sales, trash piles, dumps, and antique malls.

We are all fighting for the same parking place at 6:00 am in front of the most promising garage sale driveway hoping to be the first one to snag the best items. We're looking for something that the owner has priced for 50 cents that will sell for a hefty profit on eBay or to an individual.

Some of us didn't even wait until the day of the sale and knocked on the door the night before asking if we could scan the items and be the first one to preview the treasure.

As I'm snagging neat stuff, I'm going to write about it and tell you what I've done with it after I've hauled it home. If I've sold it, I'll let you in on the sales price and tell you what the person who's bought it is going to do with it.

I'll bet you can glean something out of it that you can take to the bank and email me treasureholic@gmail.com to tell me about your find.

Happy Hunting!

No comments: