Friday, April 13, 2007

Readers ID The Shell Casing As WWI NOT II

NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

Thank goodness there are people out there who know something about war stuff! Special thanks go out to two members of my metal detecting club who sent me emails with GREAT information about the bomb shell casing that I found and have a pictured in an earlier post WWII Bomb Shell Casing Found! . Here are a couple of their comments:

...I think your shell is older than you think. I might be wrong but I think it could be WW1 instead of WWII. If troops came from Wadsworth it was WW1 or Camp Croft it would be WWII...


...That should be a WWI shell that you found. That area was an artillery practice site for Camp Wadsworth which was a WWI training camp...

Two id's! It's WWI not II. GREAT! If you have more info, please let me know! treasureholic@gmail.com

Happy Hunting!

No comments: